Friday, September 26, 2014

Remote Servo PiCam

I've been meaning to post this for a while now.  Here's a demo of the servo-mounted pi-cam in action:



It's a pretty standard 180-degree servo that's driven from a command-line program I wrote in C to send a PWM signal over a GPIO pin.  

I've integrated it into the web server on the pi so I can run the camera from the phone remotely, with some controls built into the snapshot page.


Right now it's nestled in next to the fish tank.  I can steer it around the living room from the phone using the included controls.  [LEFT], [RIGHT], and [CENTER] steer full left, full right, or center positions, respectively.  The arrows are for coarse and fine L/R movement.  Pretty nifty.  Here's a hard right pan looking into the fish tank (they're hiding right now).


I'm interested in playing with OpenCV to see if I can rig up some automatic tracking behaviors.  Haven't had as much time to play with the pi of late as I'd like...

No comments:

Post a Comment